Selling Your home
The best source in locating an agent is your family or friends. Many would have experienced the selling of a property and could refer you to an agent that they found to be capable. Experience or the number of years the agent has been in the business should be a consideration. My experience enables me to assist you by:
Providing you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
Marketing your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, I can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. I market your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. I act as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc.
Knowing when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. I will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
Helping you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing -- a lot of possible pitfalls. I can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
Helping close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. I am the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
Selling your home involves many steps, from consultation to pricing, marketing to escrow. I have many resources and a high level of expertise to bring to this process, which will be tailored to fit the characteristics of your property needs. They include the following:
- Understanding the objectives you want to achieve
- Identifying the support you expect from your Prudential Locations agent
- Analyzing your property for its special features and differentiators
Determining Market Value and asking price by analyzing:
- Recently sold homes
- Homes available for sale
- Homes that failed to sell
Designing and Implementing a Marketing Plan Establishing your marketing objectives
- To sell your home for the highest value in the shortest possible time
- To utilize the full resources of Prudential Locations to gain maximum exposure for you home
- To attract qualified buyers through a variety of channels
- To assist in all stages of the transaction, from the purchase offer through closing.
Preparing you Home for Sale
- Make reccomedations to help you make the best possible impression to prospective buyers
- Such as removing clutter, keeping grass trimmed, rrmove dead or dyinh plants. fix peeling paint, smudges on walls, etc.
- Coordination of professional inspections
Implementing your marketing plan with deliverables that may include:
- Competitive market analysis
- Featured listings on Internet site
- Professional photos
- Listing in MLS
- Property brochures
- Newspaper advertising
- Sunday open houses
- Internal agency promotion
- Just-listed postcards
- Preliminary title report
- “For Sale” sign
- Progress reports available online and offline
- Contract negotiations
- Escrow monitoring
- Coordination of showings
- Closing and recordation
- Reviewing Offer and Negotiating with Buyer's Agent
- Reviewing all offers with you.
- Negotiating the agreement
- Completing the transaction
- Monitoring the Escrow Process
- Regularly updating you regarding escrow.
- Informing you of any documents/inspections you need to provide.
- Letting you know when final paperwork needs to be signed to complete the escrow process.
- After-Sale Follow Up
- Final meeting with you to make sure all settlement transactions have been fulfilled